Friday, December 9, 2011
proposal by Ginette Pinazzo, Voodoo Radek, Hypatia Meili - 12-07-12
A more formal expansion on our pre-existing Speaker Series, we would choose a good regular day and time (FRI nights at 10PM? etc) and each week would feature a new class/workshop or presentation by anyone who wishes to participate.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Any business, group or individual with a good topic idea that will draw attendees can get on the schedule.
Emphasis will be placed on business topics and building topics, though other educational topics may make sense too. Diversity of topics, draw of topics and useful impact of topics will all be considered.
To get good PR benefit for the speaker/teachers, events should be scheduled minimum 2 weeks in advance. The more build-up time, the more PR benefit. PR is really the primary benefit for the speakers/teachers, so we would want to maximize that window.
Multiple timeslots will be encouraged (a morning and night version, for example) to increase accessibility.
WHY THIS IS GOOD
1. Educational activities are a big draw
2. These events will provide businesses, groups and individuals with an exciting opportunity to get involved in Vortex, make an impact on the community, and network.
3. Business-friendly attractions for content creators help create an increased business-friendly climate and encourage residents to take a more active part in SL, starting or improving their businesses, investing more heavily in SL
4. Fits Vortex mission of a more complete Help experience.
5. Fits LL mission of retention
Teleport to Zindra Help Vortex
Zindra Vortex SITE
This proposal lives HERE